is not a game about suicide,
but a story that deals with real world issues.
By switching a light on these delicate topics we hope our videogame will stimulate players to start a conversation. If you are struggling with these issues yourself, this game may not be suitable for you. If this is the case, we encourage you to play with a friend, under the supervision of a parent or a trusted adult.
If you ever feel you need someone to talk to, reach out to a parent, a friend, a school counselor or an adult you look up to. Take action and call a local helpline, because it gets easier as soon as you start talking about it.
Suicide Warning Signs
If you or someone you know exhibits several of the suicide warning signs listed below, take immediate action. Warning signs need to be taken seriously.
- sDepressed or sad as a usual habit.
- sTalk or write about death or suicide.
- sWithdrawal from family and friends.
- sFeeling hopeless.
- sFeeling helpless.
- sFeeling anger or rage.
- sFeeling trapped.
- sExperiencing dramatic mood changes.
- sAbusing drugs or alcohol.
- sExhibiting a change in personality.
- sActing impulsively.
- sLosing interest in most activities.
- sExperiencing a change in sleeping habits.
- sExperiencing a change in eating habits.
- sLosing interest in most activities.
- sPerforming poorly at work or in school.
- sGiving away prized possessions.
- sWriting a will.
- sFeeling excessive guilt or shame.
- sActing recklessly.
- NTalk about emotions and feelings: having people around who can listen to you and give you space to talk.
- NFind other ways to express yourself how you feel: writing or drawing or another physical activity. You could do it alone or with someone else.
- NRemember: talk about the person, watch photos and videos, go to places that remind you of them, create a box with physical memories, write about them, or repeat activities you have done together.
- NDevelop "rituals": create a lasting memorial or even by lighting a candle at the same time every week.
- NDoing activities you like: This may seem disheartening, but doing things you have liked before can really help.
- NTake care of yourself: eat well and get enough sleep. This is important, even when you feel your whole world is falling apart. It can be difficult, but taking care of yourself will really help.
- NSpend time outside: connecting with nature or doing outdoor exercise can help.
- NDevelop an emotional "first aid kit": collect some things that can help when you feel sad or mad or bad (a playlist, your favourite sweety, a ball to kick or a pillow to punch).
- MDon't refrain from talking about what happened: even if it can be difficult, talking to someone can make a huge difference. You don't have to go through all this on your own. If you feel you can't talk to someone you know, maybe you could try talking to someone who's there to support you.
- MHeavy drinking or taking drugs: It may be tempting to try to erase the pain of what happened, but drinking and taking drugs get much worse and prevent you from overcoming it.
- MTaking risks: you can feel "what's the point?" and take risks or act carelessly, such as driving too fast or putting yourself in dangerous situations with strangers. Talk to someone you trust if you think you're risking your own or someone else's safety.
- MNot getting any help: You may feel that you can't ask for help because you are worried that it will make you look weak, or that you shouldn't bother other people. But how you feel is very important, and people will want to help you.
- MIsolate yourself: You may feel like you want to be alone for a long time, and you want the whole world to go away. Cutting the outside world may not help you get through this. It's best to spend time with other people, even if it's a cup of tea in silence.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Do you have a reactive statement in game about this topic?
The Suicide of Rachel Foster is a fictional game that tackles tough, real-world issues, taking a look at suicide. By shedding a light on this difficult topic, we hope our product can help people start a conversation.
Facing these issues head-on — talking about them, being open about them — will always be our best defense against losing another life. We are proud to be a part of a video game that push all of us to have a conversation about this topic, because silence really does equal death.
For that reason, the game will show a special disclaimer message from the ONE-O-ONE GAMES team before the title menu, adressing players to visit this special page, through the riprachel.com redirect link.
Why does Rachel Foster commit suicide?
As reported in the Police investigation from 1983, the official motivation behind Rachel’s suicide was the exposure of her affair with an older man. This was written on a note found near the body. People said she would never ever commit suicide.
”Ten years ago, the teenager Nicole left the family hotel with her mother after discovering the father having an affair with a her own age girl, Rachel, who eventually committed suicide. She was pregnant.” Is this accurate?
Leonard and Rachel’s story is well known all over the county. It’s just the kind of rumor that stimulates people’s fantasies, a story of love and death, scandalous and romantic. Few hours after the discovery of Rachel’s body at the bottom of a cliff between the mountains, 10 years before the start of the game, the autopsy confirmed she was pregnant.
It’s just a dramatic addition the the layers of tragedy in Rachel’s life. The player learns this information at the very start of the game.
As a developer, what is the ultimate message you are looking for players to take away after playing the game?
We want to stimulate the players to change their point of view about mainstream stories, buzz and rumors, inspiring them to do their own research to discover the real truths.
How old is Rachel when she commits suicide?
The alleged suicide occurs when she’s sixteen.
If you need help, talk to someone.